Story Chain...Written by Layne Cope
A Collaborative Story...
I have done this in the past on my family BBS but never on the BLOG. It is a collaborative story. Basically the way it works is I will start off with the first couple lines of a story. Then someone comes along and continues the story with a couple lines of their own. Someone else comes along and adds a little more, and so forth.
Here are the rules:
1. Keep it family friendly, respectable, and respectful (nothing SPAMMY or PORNY or hostile or disrepectful toward others or it will be removed).
2. Don't do something in the story that will force kill the chain. In other words don't write an entry that leaves the next person no where to go, try to leave it at a point where someone can follow it up with another part.
3. Don't quote the post above yours, just continue the chain and end yours mid-sentence with ellipses...
4. You can't continue your own thread. There has to be at least one person between your additions. That is what make this fun, the surprise at what someone else adds!
5. Remember, you have up to 1000 characters for your twist. You don't have to use them all. A couple sentences or a short paragraph will probably do.
6. Keep coming back to see where the story is going and maybe add a little something-something.
7. You may use a pen-name/pseudonym if you want to play anonymously but remember rule 1.
8. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Feel free to invite anyone you know who you think might like to participate and help make the story fun!
Ready??? Here goes... (It starts in the comments below my profile)
I am a geek. A Windows geek to be exact. I do all things computer. I do like outdoor activities; camping, fishing, riding my hawg, etc. but I always gravitate back to the computer. In fact, between work, the biz and other stuff, if I am not on the 'puter for 14 - 16 hours a day, I feel deprived!