An awesome event! Is it not great all the things we get to see and know about!!
Best Day Of Fishing Ever!
I've heard of salmon jumping into boats but . . .
Four were pulled from the icy waters of Stephens Passage, Alaska, by a group
of locals on Tom Satre's 62-foot charter vessel. Four juvenile Sitka black-
tailed deer swam directly toward the boat.
Once the deer reached the boat, the four began to circle the boat, looking
directly at the humans on board. Clearly, the bucks were distressed. With
help, the typically skittish and absolutely wild animals came willingly onto
the boat. Once onboard, they collapsed with exhaustion, shivering.
Here the rescued bucks rest on the back of Tom Satre's boat, the Alaska
Quest. All four deer were transported to Taku Harbour. Once the group
reached the dock, the first buck that had been pulled from the water hopped
onto the dock, looked back, then leapt into the harbour, swam to shore, and
disappeared into the forest. After a bit of prodding and assistance from the
humans, two others followed suit, but one deer needed more help.
Here he is being transported by Tom Satre:
Tom, Anna and Tim Satre help the last of the "button" bucks to its feet.
They did not know how long the deer had been in the icy waters or if there had been others who did not survive. The good Samaritans (humans) describe their experience as "one of those defining moments in life." I'm sure it was for the deer, as well.
The photo was taken at the entrance to Katlian Bay at the end of the road in Sitka , Alaska ...
The whale is coming up to scoop up a mouthful of herring......... (the small fish seen at the surface around the kayak). The kayaker is a local Sitka Dentist. He apparently didnt sustain any injuries from the terrifying experience. The whale was just around the corner from the ferry terminal, and all the kayaker could think at that moment in time was: "Paddle Man - really fast!"
The whale's mouth is fully open with the bottom half under the boat. If the whale had closed his mouth before he furiously paddled away - He might have been LUNCH!!!
Look at the picture again - He is in the whale’s MOUTH!
Friendship ( None of that sissy shit )
Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?
Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
You will see no cute little smiley faces on this ~ Just the stone cold truth of our friendship.
1. When you are sad ~ I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.
2. When you are blue ~ I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile ~ I will know you are thinking of something that I would probably want to be involved in.
4. When you are scared ~ I will rag on you about it every chance I get until you're NOT.
5. When you are worried ~ I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
6. When you are confused ~ I will try to use only little words.
7. When you are sick ~ Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall ~ I will laugh at your clumsy ass, but I'll help you up.
9. This is my oath .... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask ~ because you are my friend.
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
Send this to 10 of your closest friends.
Then get depressed because you can only think of 4.